We want you to enjoy your time with us and as such encourage you to gamble responsibly while on Aspers.com.
Worried you have a gambling problem?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I spend more money and time on gambling than I can afford?
- Am I finding it hard to manage or stop my gambling?
- Do I have arguments with family or friends about money and gambling?
- Am I losing interest in my usual activities or hobbies, like going out with friends or spending time with family?
- Am I always thinking or talking about gambling?
- Do I lie about your gambling or hide it from other people?
- Do I chase losses or gamble to get out of financial trouble?
- Do I gamble until all of my money is gone?
- Have I borrowed money, sold possessions or not paid bills in order to pay for gambling?
- Do I need to gamble with larger amounts of money or for a longer time to get the same feeling of excitement or buzz?
- Am I neglecting work, school, family, personal needs or household responsibilities because of gambling?
- Do I feel anxious, worried, guilty, depressed or irritable?
How many did you answer ‘yes’ to? The more you answered ‘yes’ to, the more likely it is that you have a gambling problem.
Remember, you should never gamble if it interferes with daily responsibilities or if you are in any form of in recovery for any dependency.
Where can I go for help?
We have a range of tools on offer to help you stay in control of your gaming. If you have any concerns or need advice and support, you can contact our Customer Support team at any time.
Aspers.com also supports the work of GamCare, the national resource for gambling-related problems, educational resources and training to ensure gaming remains a positive experience.
You can contact GamCare via their website, GamCare.org.uk, or on 0808 8020 133 (Freephone).
But let’s start with the tools we offer to help you stay in control of your gambling.